- Marcus Ehning withdraws from further participation at CHIO Aachen after fallSeptember 17, 2021
Germany’s Marcus Ehning has decided to withdraw from the last three days of competition at CHIO Aachen, after he ahead of Friday’s Mercedes-Benz Nations […]
- World Champion Simone Blum: “The balancing act between competing at top level and running a profitable business is difficult”September 14, 2021
Earlier this summer, World Champion Simone Blum decided to take a step back from the big sport. WoSJ caught up with the 32-year-old German rider to hear about […]
- Daisuke Fukushima’s Chanyon and Conblue to Ansgar Holtgers JrSeptember 14, 2021
Daisuke Fukushima’s Olympic mount Chanyon, as well as the 11-year-old Conblue, have been acquired by Gut Einhaus LLC for US junior rider Ansgar Holtgers Jr.
- Eric Lamaze plans to retire Fine Lady 5 at CHI Geneva 2021September 11, 2021
"I would like to finish her career in the Rolex Grand Prix at Geneva in December," Lamaze said of the extraordinary Fine Lady 5 – now 18.
- Jan-Hein Swagemakers: “The concerns about antibiotic resistance should be taken seriously, but not to a degree where it compromises animal welfare”September 10, 2021
WoSJ asked German team vet Jan-Hein Swagemakers to explain more about how new EU legislation on the use of antibiotics will affect the equestrian community.
- The 2021-editions of Stuttgart German Masters and Jumping Indoor Maastricht cancelledSeptember 9, 2021
Unfortunately, the Covid-19 pandemic continues to cause show cancellations.
- Daniel Deusser continues to top the world rankingSeptember 6, 2021
For a fourth consecutive month, Germany's Daniel Deusser continues to top the Longines Ranking – but there is a bit of a shake-up in the Top 10.
- Curtains close for Comme Il Faut 5 at Riesenbeck InternationalSeptember 5, 2021
We look back at Saturday's ceremony where Comme Il Faut took a final farewell with the top sport, as we wish him happy retirement.
- After an exceptional career, Misanto Pret A Tout will be retired from the sportSeptember 5, 2021
Marcus Ehning’s long-time partner Misanto Pret A Tout will be retired from the sport during CHIO Aachen 2021.
- Martin Fuchs’ groom Sean Vard: “Ludger’s vision really comes through in the way the facilities at Riesenbeck International have been built”September 3, 2021
Martin Fuchs’ groom Sean Vard is impressed with the new facilities that Ludger Beerbaum and his team have created at Riesenbeck International.
- Christian Ahlmann's Dominator 2000 Z returns to the show ring in RiesenbeckSeptember 2, 2021
hristian Ahlmann's Dominator 2000 Z has returned to the show ring at Riesenbeck International during the CSI3* classes which run parallel to the Longines FEI […]
- Beerbaum Stables and Riesenbeck International unveils new identity and grand ambitions for the future of show jumpingSeptember 2, 2021
“I remember being the kid who dreamt big and redeeming those ambitions,” Ludger Beerbaum says. “Now, I want to spend even more of my time empowering […]
- Marcus Ehning’s Comme Il Faut 5 to be retired from the sportSeptember 1, 2021
Marcus Ehning’s long-time partner Comme Il Faut 5 will be retired from the sport after Saturday’s CSI3* Grand Prix at Riesenbeck International.
- Big blow for Egypt as Abdel Said and Sameh El Dahan change their sports nationalities to compete for Belgium and Great BritainAugust 30, 2021
The Egyptian jumping team has suffered a big blow as Abdel Said and Sameh El Dahan – two of their best riders – have changed their sports nationalities to […]
- Henrik Ankarcrona on the Swedish success, the will to win – and the Olympic format: “The jumping community needs to come together to find a way forward”August 30, 2021
Swedish Chef d’Equipe Henrik Ankarcrona speaks to WoSJ about the Olympic success, the will to win, horsepower – and the topic that has been fiercely […]
- Will the Swedes continue on a roll at Riesenbeck?August 27, 2021
Coming just three weeks after the Tokyo Games concluded with victory for the spectacular Swedes in the team finale, the question now is whether any other […]
- The Next Generation: Ioli Mytilineou – "Sometimes, I feel I understand horses better than humans”August 26, 2021
With a strong string of horses, that includes the hugely talented 10-year-old stallion Levis de Muze, the future looks bright for 24-year-old Greek rider Ioli […]
- FEI Board allocates 2023 European Championship to MilanAugust 26, 2021
The SNAI San Siro Racecourse in Milan, Italy, will host the 2023 FEI European Championships in jumping, the FEI announced today.
- Thank you Cornado NRW!August 25, 2021
With this photo special we celebrate the stunning grey stallion's incredible career, as we wish him a happy retirement.
- Farewell to FlexibleAugust 25, 2021
The 2012 World Cup Champion Flexible has passed away, at the age of 25.
- One owner, two horses, three medals – Charlotte Söderström’s Olympic success in TokyoAugust 24, 2021
Many owners dream about their horses competing at the Olympics, and even potentially winning a medal. For Charlotte Söderström this is no longer just a […]
- Thank you Lizziemary!August 20, 2021
With this photo special, we wish Lizziemary a happy retirement!
- Olympic course designer Santiago Varela: “The horses are the stars of our sport and we have to protect them”August 17, 2021
WoSJ speaks to Spanish mastermind Santiago Varela, who travelled to Tokyo with a clear mission: Despite all the debate surrounding the Games, he was there for […]
- Peder Fredricson on horsemanship: “The horse is your responsibility, so you need to get involved and be engaged”August 12, 2021
What is good horsemanship? WoSJ speaks with Sweden’s Peder Fredricson who shares his opinions.
- David O’Brien: “The most important thing with young horses is to take your time and valuate each horse as they are”July 28, 2021
A winner of the US national young horse championships on multiple occasions, 33-year-old Irish rider David O’Brien has around 90 horses under his care at Spy […]
- Daniel Deusser: “The best is yet to come”July 20, 2021
World of Showjumping met up with world no. one Daniel Deusser at his home base in Wolvertem, Belgium, and discovered that he is a man who believes that the […]
- Kurt De Clercq on producing youngsters for the top sport: “The feeling the horse gives me is the most important”July 14, 2021
Emerald, Flora de Mariposa, Gazelle, Narcotique de Muze, Vigo D’Arsouilles... Through two decades, Kurt De Clercq has produced some the very best horses […]
- Kendra Claricia Brinkop: “Don’t be afraid of change”July 13, 2021
27-year-old German rider Kendra Claricia Brinkop tells WoSJ about her lessons learned, her battle with confidence and how she is not afraid of new chapters in […]
- Holly Smith: “Put the effort in the preparation and let the performance take care of itself”July 7, 2021
From 1.20m level to rank 50 on the current world ranking; Holly Smith has made a huge career leap in just ten years and now the 32-year-old is ready for her […]
- That Special Bond – with Andrea Hoenack: “Edgar is the star of the stable and he knows that very well”July 1, 2021
We continue our popular series ‘That Special Bond’ with Andrea Hoenack, who for the last nine years has been working for Marlon Modolo Zanotelli.
- Still going strong – Robert Whitaker’s Catwalk IV: "The best with Catwalk is that he has taught me so much"June 29, 2021
In our new series ‘Still going strong’, we get to know more about the oldest four-legged super-stars that are still active in the sport as 17- and […]
- Thank you Albführen's Bianca!June 28, 2021
With this photo special, we look back at Bianca's incredible career with Steve Guerdat.
- The Next Generation – Mimi Gochman: “The base from equitation will help you in the long run”June 22, 2021
WoSJ speaks with 16-year-old American rider Mimi Gochman to learn more about her journey from equitation to international Grand Prix level.
- Thank you Toveks Mary Lou!June 22, 2021
With this photo special, we look back at Mary Lou's incredible career and wish her a happy retirement!
- The Grooms Award co-founder Andrea Mewhinney: “Remember the people who are the heartbeat of the sport”June 16, 2021
Founded in 1998 by Andrea Mewhinney and Noel Glavin, The Grooms Award consists of a group of volunteers that tours some of the biggest horse shows in the US, […]
- Thank you Garfield de Tiji des Templiers!June 9, 2021
With this photo special, we wish Garfield de Tiji des Templiers a happy retirement!
- From youngster to international Grand Prix horse: Explosion WJune 8, 2021
For his breeder Willy Wijnen, Explosion W was special from the moment he was born. We look back at the 12-year-old KWPN gelding's journey to the top.
- Thank you Espoir!April 29, 2021
With this photo special, we wish Espoir a happy retirement!
- Thank you Rahotep de Toscane!April 14, 2021
With this photo special, we wish Rahotep de Toscane a happy retirement!
- At home with: Cian O’Connor at Karlswood StablesApril 12, 2021
Tour Cian O'Connor's stunning Karlswood Stables in County Meath, Ireland, where the Irish rider has left no stone unturned in his quest to create a Centre of […]
- Thank you H&M Chilli Willi!April 1, 2021
With this photo special, we pay tribute to H&M Chilli Willi.
- Thank you Pommeau du Heup!March 18, 2021
With this photo special, we remember Pommeau du Heup.
- Thank you Cold Play!March 17, 2021
With this photo special, we remember Fredrik Jönsson's Cold Play.
- Thank you Cos I Can!February 8, 2021
With this photo special, WoSJ pays tribute to Cos I Can – that last week passed away, at the age of 20.
- Thank you Go Easy de Muze!January 18, 2021
With this photo special, we wish "Elvis" a happy retirement.
- Thank you Inonstop van't Voorhof!January 13, 2021
With this photo special, we pay tribute to Arthur Gustavo Da Silva’s special partner Inonstop van't Voorhof.
- Thank you Neptune Brecourt!January 8, 2021
With this photo special, we wish Neptune Brecourt a happy retirement!
- Thank you Quickly de Kreisker!December 30, 2020
With this photo special, we wish Quickly de Kreisker the happiest retirement!